The SSM1 is a Station Stop Module that operates trains around a loop or along a line with a station, stopping the trains at the station and changing the direction at each departure (if required).
At each end of the track, or at the station, an Infra-Red sensor is fixed below the track to detect the train which stops when the module switches off the track power.
- Based on our Shuttle Module (SAS2-IR) which automatically operates a train backwards and forwards along a single line.
- Additional programs to operate a train clockwise and anticlockwise around a loop, stopping automatically at a station platform.
- Train detection using Infra-red sensors (no track cutting required) to ensure the correct stopping point on each run.
- Waiting times can be set by the user and are adjustable or can be set to random.
- Optional Route Indication LED’s can be connected to show train waiting, or in transit along the line.
- Optional 2-aspect led signals can be connected (common-cathode only), and will switch to green three seconds before train departs, and back to red two seconds later.
- Retains all the existing functions of the SAS2-IR to give flexibility of reuse
- Requires a 12V DC Power Supply
For further detailed information on this module, including installation instructions, connection information, and troubleshooting tips, please download the latest instructions 25RF5W.pdf If you require copies of previous instructions for older versions of this module please visit the Documentation section at the bottom of this page.